Running Start Information Page
Congratulations, you are accepted to the Running Start Program at Washington State University! Your registration appointment time/date and WSU identification number were sent to you in an email. If you did not receive this information, email us.
First-time WSU network users will need to create an account. Initially, you will be sent an account activation email to the non-WSU account email address you provided on your Running Start application (please check your junk mail folder as well). This email contains your network identification (NID) and a temporary password. You must follow the activation instructions within the allotted time period. If you fail to do so, you will be required to request another activation email from Crimson Service Desk.
Once you have established your WSU NID and password, you will need to access myWSU, WSU's student information site, to check enrollment appointment times, enroll for classes, check your schedule, and access many other secure web services.
Register for Classes
- Login to https://my.WSU.edu
- Click on the “Manage Classes” tile
- Click on “Class Search and Enroll”
- Choose the appropriate term
- Search for class using course name (i.e. English, SOE, Math, etc)
- Click the class you wish to enroll in
- Click the “Regular Academic Session” of the section you wish to enroll in
- Follow the steps presented
Other Important Information
- Your high school counselor must approve any schedule changes.
- If you have selected a course that has course pre-requisites, please contact the department of the course in which you wish to enroll to discuss your options. The Registrar’s Office has no authority to enroll you in courses of which you do not meet pre-requisites.
- If a course is full, you will need to contact the department of the course to be placed on a wait list. The Registrar’s Office has no authority to enroll you in full courses.
- If you plan to enroll in an English composition course (100, 101, 104, or 105), completion of the writing placement process is required prior to enrolling in the course: https://writingprogram.wsu.edu/writing-placement/
- If you plan to enroll in a mathematics course, completion of the math placement assessment is required prior to enrolling in the course: http://www.math.wsu.edu/placement/
- Your Running Start tuition charges will post to your student account immediately after enrolling. Please allow 6-8 weeks for charges to settle with your school district and WSU. Digital Course Materials posted to your student account are not a covered expense. Pay these expenses at: https://bursar.wsu.edu/how-to-pay-tuition-and-fees/.
- Every semester, you must communicate with your high school counselor regarding your intent to enroll in WSU Running Start Classes.
Should you need to contact us, please email. We wish you success at Washington State University. Go Cougs!